Research Group on Marine Biogeochemistry and Global Change
This research group, funded by Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan Government) has, as its main goal, to assess and diagnose the effects of global change in the marine environment, with an emphasis in the alteration of the biogeochemical cycles and their consequences.
Special emphasis is placed in the following aspects of global change:
- Paleoreconstructions in the context of global change.
- Global change in ocean-atmosphere interactions, in biogeochemical cycles and in marine pH.
- Global change in the benthos, in mass mortality events and in population dynamics.
- Global change in the oceanic emission of aerosols, in cloud microphysics and in photochemistry.
- Global change in trophic networks and their complexity